top of page

888-869-IDEM (4336)

Review The Data

University of Nebraska Research & Extension Center Study using Simplot Monitoring Sensors – Aug 25,2022


Data shows all of the following using Idem sprinklers on existing pivots:
- Reduced water days of stress
- Improved root activity & depth
- Increased water saturation at every soil depth
- Reduced water loss due to evaporation & wind 
- Up to 7.92% higher yield using the IDEM "Ball" spray head technology

IDEM Irrigation PDF

Download Full Report 

IDEM Increases Yield in the Bushel per Acre

Throughout the season, a total of 25.1” of irrigation was applied for 100% treatment, while a total of 16.8” and 8.6” of irrigation was applied for 66% and 33% treatments, respectively. A total of 3.5” of rain was received during the growing season. Yield result is showing in Figure 1. It can be seen that the IDEM_1 setup had better yield under limited irrigation treatments (33% and 66%) and full irrigation treatment (100%) than the default nozzle package.

IDEM Irrigation Yield Increase

Stress Days:

One of the significant differences between the control group fields and the Idem Irrigation fields is in regards to stress days.  The control group has recorded many more days of water stress.

IDEM Irrigation Crop Stress Days Chart

Each additional day of water stress can result in a 3-6% drop in final yield depending on the stage of the corn's growth lifecycle.   This reduction in Days of Water Stress is why IDEM Irrigation "Ball" technology produced higher yields.

IDEM Irrigation Sprinkler Head Data
IDEM Irrigation Sprinkler Head Data

Soil Saturation:
The easiest way to see the benefits of the Idem irrigation system is to look at soil saturation levels.  Idem saturation percentage levels are higher across the board compared to the control fields with Sennigner LDN spray heads. 


This is due to the reduction in water loss to wind and evaporation that the Idem "BALL" sprinkler head technology offers.

In general, the results from the study showed that IDEM "BALL" spray heads yield better than default nozzles for corn. The IDEM heads were also able to recharge soil water at deeper depths (2 ft and 3 ft).  IDEM "Ball" spray heads also lost far less water to wind drift.

IDEM Irrigation Flow Rate Sheet
bottom of page